Saturday, November 14, 2009

Inspired

So right now I am supposed to be doing my boatload of homework, but I got bored after about 5 minutes so I decided I would update the blog! Some general updates: I am now obsessed with this song called Fireflies by Owl City. It is a great song. Also, I have been dancing everyday except Friday. My dance school even gave me a scholarship for a modern class to help me get into APA (Academy for Preforming Arts). The Nutcracker is coming up, and I have 5 hour rehearsals almost every Sunday. This year I am a Flower, a Spanish Chocolate, and a Mouse. I'm getting my picture taken tomorrow for the program and I have to be at the dance school from 9:15 to 5 o'clock. Also, I am officially one quarter through eighth grade. I know I made high honor roll, and I'm asking everyone to keep their fingers crossed for Principal's List. If I don't make it, this will be the 3rd marking period in a row that I am like, 2 or 3 points from it. I told my mom, they should just give it to me. Also, you may be wondering how my title, Inspired has to go with this post. Well, dear reader, I will tell you. My poem, Everything Counts, has been picked to be in the American Poetry Library's new book, Inspired. My school newspaper, the Pawprint, also wrote an article about it.
In case you can't read it, it just basically says everything i just told you. You can also click on it to read it. My friend Brianna Rego wrote it. I would give you a copy of the poem, but it was to long to be entered into the contest so i took out some stuff, added some stuff, so nobody except the American Poetry Library knows exactly what it is. I get the book in December, so I will post a copy of the poem when I get it. Oh and also you will find some pictures from me and Kate and at the beach over the summer.


2 comments:

Liz said...

I love fireflies too! Its a great song- you should also try vanilla twilight by them. And congrats on getting published in a book! That's awesome!

Katie said...

Congrats, Megan! That is some amazing news! I'm looking forward to seeing your published work, and to seeing what a spanish chocolate looks like, so be sure to share poems and pics when you have them!