Wednesday, March 17, 2010

FRESHMEAT!!!

As you all know (or should know; God, people you are my family! Get with it!) I applied to the Union County Vocational Technical High Schools, technically the Academy of Preforming Arts, otherwise known as APA. Today, I got a letter telling me if I got in or not. AND I GOT IN!!!! I GOT IN!!!! I am going to spend freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior year at APA! Oh, and this is so cool...I get a whole year of college credits done senior year! I am super excited, and one of my best friends got into the same school as I did, so I won't be going completely alone. Almost all my other friends who applied got in. So here's how it happened. My best friend Brianna (see birthday party pictures) got a text from her mother eighth period today telling her she got in. She told me but she didn't believe it herself until she read the letter. So me and my friend Candice (the one who got into APA with me) are totally on edge by now, and we are just freaking out. All my friends who applied and I were telling each other to text each other, and everybody is just hysterical. I get out of school 5 minutes before Candice, and I see her mom and brother and her mom tells me that she got in to APA! So now I am running to my dads car, hoping he got the mail and that he has my letter. I get into the car, and I'm screaming, and my dad hands me my letter. The two girls in our carpool (DeAnna and Carolyn) are telling me to calm down, because I am fairly close to hyperventilating now. DeAnna says to just take a deep breath before I open it, and Carolyn asks me if I want her to open it because my hands are shaking so bad it looks like I'm going to rip it. Then there is silence while I read it, then I start screaming, and I really don't stop until I finally get home. By then I have texted all my friends, and called people. Many people had the same eventful opening of letters that I had. I could barely do my homework, and thankfully I had done my math homework at school. So I put on a pair of shorts (IN MARCH!!!) and I am running around my backyard, probably scaring the neighbors. All in all, a great day because a) it was St. Patty's Day! (your not Irish if you call it St. Patrick's Day, duh!) b) it was 70 degrees and c) I GOT INTO THE SCHOOL OF MY DREAMS!!! I know very exciting but I have more! There are two dresses I am considering for the eighth grade dance. I am leaning towards the green one, and that;s the one everyone says looks best, but I want your opinion! (you are my family, people!)



4 comments:

clarkdougherty said...

Why are you taking pictures in MY room!!!!

-kate :(

Andie Dougherty said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's wonderful, and I'm so happy for you. Your entry was so exciting it almost made me want to run around screaming too!

I like both dresses but love the green one the best!!

Now get out of Kate's room! :)

Liz said...

CONGRATS!!! i'm so happy for you! high school is so much fun and you're going to have a great time there! and i think the green dress is super pretty on you! have fun at the dance!

Katie said...

WooHoo! Way to go, rockstar! I'm so excited for you! Looking forward to hearing all about what APA is like once you start, so be sure to keep blogging, ok?

And the green one. Absolutely. You look amazing! Have fun!